If you have an idea for a social justice project, we would love to discuss how the Contemplative Justice Network can support you. Take a look at the criteria below and see if your project will benefit from support. We know that groups need more than just financial support to make social justice projects a success, which is why in the application we ask you what additional support you may need. Just a heads up, we see this application as the beginning of a conversation. Don’t worry about it being perfect, just give us a good idea of what you are thinking and we will ask if we have more questions.
BC Conference Justice Network Grants
- Individuals, groups or faith communities within the Pacific Mountain Region may apply
- Applicants will be able to articulate how the project is spiritually rooted and involves transformation of all persons involved (and of the environment where applicable)
- Projects will focus on long-term, systemic change
- Preference will be given to projects that partner with individuals/ organizations outside the United Church.
- Applications will be received year-round
- Grants are for one year
Adjudication of the grant
- Grants will be received at any time and applicants can expect a response within one month.
- Please do not hesitate to contact the granting committee with questions or help filling out the application (email@example.com).
Sharing of learnings
- Each recipient group will be asked to prepare a project demonstrating what has been accomplished/ learned as a result of the grant. These projects will be shared on the website or at the annual conference. Projects will be determined in consultation with the granting committee and may include: short videos, poster boards, artwork, poems, speeches etc.
To apply for this grant please click here.