You must have an exciting idea for a justice related project! Congratulations! We would love to discuss how the Contemplative Justice Network can support you. Take a look at the criteria below and see if your project will benefit from support. We know that groups need more than just financial support to make social justice projects a success, which is why in the application we ask you what additional support you may need. We are still learning what people need and finding ways we can respond to these needs. Let’s learn together. Finally, we see this application as the beginning of a conversation. Don’t worry about it being perfect, just give us a good idea of what you are thinking and we will ask if we have more questions.
BC Conference Justice Network Grants
- Right Relationship with First Nations
- Climate change and climate justice
- Israel and Palestine peace process
- Homelessness and housing
- Food security
- Systemic change training opportunities
- The total granting budget per year is $10,000. Projects most likely considered will be in the $2000-$3000 range. For larger projects, please consider applying to other United Church funds including:
- Individuals, groups or congregations within BC Conference may apply
- Applicants will be able to articulate how the project is spiritually rooted and involves transformation of all persons involved (and of the environment where applicable)
- Projects will focus on long-term, systemic change
- Preference will be given to projects that partner with individuals/ organizations outside the United Church.
- Applications will be received year-round
- Grants are for one year
Adjudication of the grant
- Grants will be received at any time and applicants can expect a response within one month.
- Please do not hesitate to contact the granting committee with questions or help filling out the application (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Sharing of learnings
- Each recipient group will be asked to prepare a project demonstrating what has been accomplished/ learned as a result of the grant. These projects will be shared on the website or at the annual conference. Projects will be determined in consultation with the granting committee and may include: short videos, poster boards, artwork, poems, speeches etc.
To apply for this grant please click here.